Thursday 9 May 2013

Wordless Wednesday a Day Late and Plans for a New Project...

I'm a day late with Wordless Wednesday. I decided to take the photos in the evening as the light is often  beautiful at that time, and continued to snap away whilst walking the dogs elsewhere too, so I've also included some of those photographs. Its so lovely to see the landscape being transformed by the sunshine and to have warm evenings to walk in.

It feels like I haven't produced an awful lot of work recently. I started a painting of a goldfinch which you have probably seen on Facebook, and hope to be adding to the series over the coming weeks. I have finally found the prints that I thought were lost in our move so I'll be adding those to my Etsy shop.

 There was a village on Salisbury Plain called Imber which was cleared by the MOD during WW2 to allow the US army to train. Although the villagers were promised that they could return once the war was over, they were never allowed to . The village itself no longer exists apart from breeze block buildings and the original church which we visited last Spring- the MOD allow access on bank holidays, and it struck me as such a sad story. Inspired by this, I am now working on some new pieces of work involving maps and stitch-I'll post some images on here when I'm ready.

In the meantime enjoy these photographs.


There were two new families in the Wordless Wednesday spot last night











I loved how these flowers were arranged. New growth with last year's leaves.




The light, as the sun was disappearing, was just beautiful. I love how the little flies are glowing. The cows were so relaxed and enjoying each other's company.



No comments:

Post a Comment