Thursday 14 March 2013

Reflections and Shadows

I walked in a different place today. There had been another light covering of snow and the sky was bright blue and clear of clouds.

I headed for a village on the way back from the school run called Flordon and realised that it was the other side of some fields where I took a snap of some Highland cattle. They use the cattle to maintain the woods and fields there.

Took lots of photos of the reflections and shadows which were very striking this morning, see below. I saw, but didn't capture on film, a hare and an Egret.

The rest of the working day was spent painting. I've been working on My Name is Debbie, a story by my cousin and, although I've known what she looked like I hadn't properly found her until this afternoon. Its been frustrating me for ages, just not quite reaching her. She joined me in my kitchen about 1.30 and I nearly finished the first of one half of four spreads. I will spend tomorrow getting to know her too and will hopefully finish one full spread.

Had a thought today which I'd like to put out to you guys tomorrow and hopefully get some volunteers...

Until then, have a good evening. xx






















No comments:

Post a Comment